What is PTA Reflections?
For 50 years, National PTA’s Reflections program has helped more than 10 million students explore their own thoughts, feelings, and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Each year, students create and submit original works of art in one or all six of the available arts categories that represents that years theme:
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade level:
- Primary: Kindergarten-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
- Entrants must submit their artwork and student entry form by the deadline date to Washington Front Office or to their teacher.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
- An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only.
- Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement.
- Communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme and the content of the work
- Must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries.
- If used in dance choreography and film production entries, background music must be cited on the entry form.
- Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.