4 p.m. – Close
Islands Redondo Beach
1609 Hawthorne Blvd.
Join us for a night of skating – proceeds to benefit Washington Elementary School!
$10 per person
Dress for cold weather including long pants, socks, gloves, and a jacket. Helmets are recommended.
Toyota Sports Center
555 N. Nash St. El Segundo, CA 90245
Thanks to our enthusiastic readers and generous families at Washington, we sold almost $13,000 worth of books at our Scholastic Book Fair in December. That’s the most we have ever sold! This means we raised more than $6,000 Scholastic Dollars to buy books for the library and our classrooms. THANK YOU to all the volunteers and shoppers who made this event such a success. We are looking forward to the Spring Book Fair that will feature our friends from LA Liberia and other great books!
Please check your child’s folder this week for fliers. If you can help volunteer, please click here: Sign Up Genius
Redondo Beach Unified School District Paddle with a Purpose
Paddle with a Purpose is a school wide PTA fundraiser. Print out this flyer and bring with you to the Paddle House to paddle for miles toward your school goal. $10.00 from each paddler will be donated back to your local school’s PTA. The school with the most miles wins your schools Principal Grand Prize from Paddle House!
Details for Paddleboard rental:
– Tuesday – Sunday, 8 a.m. -6 p.m.
– Free lesson for all beginner paddlers
– Access to all amenities offered at Paddle House
– Custom local shaped paddle boards from Becker
– Carbon fiber paddles
– 2 hours of paddling
– 2-mile course on map shown
*cost $35.00 with $10 donated back to your local school PTA
1,000 miles per month equals 500 paddlers raising $5,000 per month and creating a healthier community at the same time.
To reach the goal we only need 2.5 paddlers per day from each school. With 11 schools, paddling will equal 1,000 miles.
For a $20 sitting fee, you can have professional portraits from Treasured Moments. Part of the proceeds benefit Washington PTA. Click here to find out more information!
Last year, Washington raised $7,600 with 152 registered participants. Our goal this year is to do even better by increasing our participation to at least 200 walkers. VIRTUAL WALKERS also add to our participation.
This year’s Skechers Friendship Walk is on Oct. 23. If you haven’t had the chance to sign-up, here are the top 5 reasons why you should:
- Great way to have fun with family and friends
- Promote healthy living through exercise
- Your registration fee goes directly back to Washington Elementary
- You make a difference in the community by helping children with special needs
- Money raised will go toward purchasing play equipment for the yard and books for our school library
How to Register for the Skechers Friendship Walk
- Go to www.skechersfriendshipwalk.com
- Click on Register
- Select Join an Existing Team
- If you registered last year, log in using the same email and password. If not, sign up using an existing social network account or create a Friendship Walk Account.
- You will be asked to Join or Form a Team – enter your school’s name to find the school team and click Search for a Team.
- Scroll down and click the Join button next to your team
- Follow the Next prompts to finish registering.
- Remember to select the Redondo Beach Educational Foundation to benefit from your contribution.
Yankee Candles make terrific holiday gifts for teachers & coaches, as well as great hostess/ host gifts too! You can also purchase magazine vouchers, gift wrapping supplies and popcorn! There are lots of choices!
Please make all checks payable to WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY PTA
Register as an online seller and invite family and friends to shop and help our school! Visit www.yankeecandlefundraising.com, click on seller login at the top and complete the “sign up to be a seller” form. Our group number is 990073368. You can also download the “Yankee Candle Fundraising” App in the Apple App Store or Google play.
The 2016 Washington PTA Jog-A-Thon Fundraiser is Here!!!
Monday, Feb. 29, 2016
100% of the Money Raised for the Jog-A-Thon Benefits Washington Students!
This is our major fundraiser, so we need our Parents & Friends of Washington to please get involved and support our students!
It’s as simple as going to:
Our goal is to raise at least $25,000!
No time to ask for pledges? You can donate $50 (or more ) instead!
If every Washington student collects $50 worth of pledges we will easily meet our goal.
If you want to give you child that extra boost, please purchase a $5 Encouragement Poster! It will be hung on the fence to give your child that extra bit of encouragement! And, all the money earned goes back to Washington students. We sold more than $1,000 worth of posters last year! Everyone loved them!
What is the Washington Jog-A-Thon? This is Washington’s largest fundraiser where families, friends and neighbors pledge money to support the students as they jog or walk in the Jog-A-Thon. 100% of the money raised goes directly to programs for Washington’s students. (Back to School events, buses and entry costs for field trips, Hands on Art, STEM Science Classes, Kindergarten Park Playdate, cultural art assemblies, Red and Yellow Ribbon Weeks, Reflections, ParentWise Series, Yearbook, Family Nights, Movie Night and more!. )
When does it take place and in what format? The Jog-A-Thon takes place during your child’s regular school day. Washington students run (or jog, walk, skip, etc.) laps around the school running track during a 20-minute time period. All students will participate as part of their regular physical fitness program, unless there is a medical or personal reason why the student should not participate.
How do we raise money? Before the day of the Jog-A-Thon, each student obtains donations in support of his/her Jog-A-Thon efforts. Sponsors may sign up to pledge a flat dollar amount. Our goal is to raise at least $25,000. ALL of the money raised will go back directly to PTA-sponsored enrichment programs that supplement the students’ school experiences!
Can I get involved? ABSOLUTELY! Jog-a-thon Sign Up Genius will be in your inbox soon!! There are many opportunities to help out before, during and after the event! Look for information about volunteer sign-ups coming in our weekly eBlasts and in weekly teacher packets. We will need at least four volunteers per class.
Donate Prizes!! If you, or the company you work for, would like to donate items as prizes for our Jog-A-Thon, please contact the Washington PTA/Renee Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org We can use gift cards, electronics, games, toys and tickets for activities/events… really anything our students and teachers would like!
Company Matching Funds! Many companies in the area will match your contribution. We are more than happy to help facilitate any of this, if needed. Please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Sponsorships: If you or your company would like to make a financial contribution to the 2016 Washington Jog-a-thon, and would like your name and logo on a banner during the event, please contact: email@example.com. We have corporate sponsorship levels, starting at $300. Remember, more than 1,000 people come to the event.
What do I do next?
- Please collect donations ONLINE or on your PLEDGE FORM (included in this packet). Ask family, relatives, friends, co-workers, employers, etc. for support. DON’T FORGET TO SIGN AND TURN IN YOUR PLEDGE FORM by Wednesday, Feb. 24, because it also serves as permission for your child to participate.
- No time to ask for pledges? You can donate $50 (or more) instead!
- Buy an ENCOURAGEMENT POSTER for your student, to be displayed on the jogging track during the event. Please return the order form and payment no later than Friday, FEB 19.
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
After the Jog-A-Thon, students will have the opportunity to earn prizes as a way for the PTA to say “thank you” for their hard work in doing their best to help their school and for collecting their pledges on time. Students can earn one opportunity drawing ticket by returning their SIGNED Pledge Forms to the school by Wednesday, FEB. 24 and one ticket for every $10 in pledges/donations that they collect and turn in by WEDNESDAY, FEB. 24.
Prizes will also be drawn for:
1) Most laps run per grade
2) Class with the most pledges per grade
3) Person with the greatest amount of donations per grade level (1st, 2nd, 3rd place)
4) Opportunity Drawing (all students who turn in permission slips are eligible)
Participation Prizes: All Students will receive a Participation Award (a small charm)
$50 or more and you will receive a cool light-up Mohawk*
If the school reaches its goal of $25,000, every child will receive an after school* dance party.
Washington PTA’s tax ID #: 95-3735628
Thank you in advance for your generous support!!