- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade level:
- Primary: Kindergarten-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
- Entrants must submit their artwork and student entry form by the deadline date of October 19th by 3:00 pm to Washington Front Office or to their teacher.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
- An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only.
- Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement.
- Communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme and the content of the work
- Must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries.
- If used in dance choreography and film production entries, background music must be cited on the entry form.
- Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.
If you did not get an Earthquake kit form, please see the attachment in the below link that you can print and include in your kit.
- Yearbook Sales
$22 early bird sale until January 31 and $25 after that: Click here to order your yearbook.
Join Us for Walk to School Day – October 4! Flier attached with all information. Walk to School Day Flyer
Docent sign-ups for LiveWell Nutrition and Garden, STEM, Hands on Art, and Classroom Liaisons will happen during classroom visits at Back to School Night (LiveWell Nutrition/Garden flyer, Hands on Art flyer attached).
- Beach Cities Health District for granting us $800 to support our efforts to go electronic and our needs as a whole.
- David Chun (Isabelle’s Dad) and 7-11 for free Slurpee coupons to be awarded to the top 10 runners for October.
- Wienerschnitzel – Dylan and McKenzie Jamrog’s Aunt Carol Ecker donated over 200 ice cream coupons to the store at 4607 Artesia Blvd in RB. The winning classroom’s running club members will receive one coupon for that month. Please disregard the expiration date – she will still honor the coupons!
OCTOBER AWARDS AND STATISTICS
- Reyes, Marissa 12.6
- Beltran, Maximiliano 9.6
- Gomez, Ava 9.4
- Le, Caroline 8.6
- Behrendt, Thiago 6.4
- Jamrog, McKenzie 5.8
- Artiga, Damian 5.6
- Bartley, Myles 5
- Esmail, Cianna 3.8
- Martinez, Grace 2.8
- Chamides, Ryan 0.4
- Cardenas, Neliah 26.2
- Ebuen, Ethan 25.8
- Zarefsky, Keegan 22.8
- Cortez, Cailey 20.2
- Abel, Brody 19.8
- Sapien, Aleah 18.8
- Chovit, Oriana 18.4
- Hines, Christopher 17.4
Tomorrow is Friday which means it’s Spirit Wear Day at Washington! Have your kids come dressed in their best Washington gear! And if you haven’t had a chance to purchase anything just yet, below is a link to the order form where you can the latest and greatest with this year’s new Washington Logo!
Friendly PTA reminder to purchase a PTA membership if you haven’t already done so. Buying a PTA membership helps provide field trip buses, LiveWell Nutrition and Garden, Hands on Art, Movie Night, STEM Night, Library books, Supplies for Teachers, and so much more! I’m a PTA member, what’s your superpower?!
Forms can be found below and can be turned into the office at any time!